*information obtained from Uncommon Wisdom by Tom Feltenstein
What is Management?
Management is the administrative ordering of things; with written plans, organizational charts, annual objectives, frequent reports, position papers.
What is a Leader?
Leaders provide visionary inspiration, motivation, and direction. Leadership generates an emotional connection between the leader and the led. It attracts people and inspires them to put forth incredible effort in a common cause.
An Optimal Leader
An Optimal Leader |
- Leaders create values through communication. They are great communicators, who thrive on communicating their own organization’s, and values.
- Leaders develop committed followers. They understand the power of groups and the benefits of communicating in a group setting.
- Leaders inspire lofty accomplishments. They use small wins to build confidence and motivate people to do more.
- Leaders focus their attention on important issues.
- Leaders connect their group to the outside world by both giving and getting information.
- Leaders are instilled with observable behaviors.