Information obtained from the book “Uncommon Wisdom” by Tom Feltenstein
Peace | freedom from disturbance; tranquility. Peace | is a stress-free state of security and calmness that comes when there’s no fighting or war, everything coexisting in perfect harmony and freedom.
Peace is something we all strive for, no matter what age, race, class or gender.
However, most times we don’t obtain peace because we are striving for peace on an external level rather than internal.
We think that accumulating possessions, have a high income, living in a nice neighborhood with a nice car, etc… — will leave to leave. But in reality, most times it leads to stress because now you have to keep up with the Jones.
Peace correlates with gratitude | being content and grateful for what comes and what goes. Not holding on to something, so tight that if you lose it, it will be the downfall of everything.
Do you think you have peace?
Below are symptoms of peace stated by Hede Marker
- A tendency to think and act spontaneously rather than on fears based on experiences
- An unmistakable ability to enjoy each moment
- A loss of interest in judging other people
- A loss of interest in interpreting the actions of others
- A loss of interest in conflict
- A loss of the ability to worry
- Frequent overwhelming episodes of appreciation
- Contented feelings of connectedness with others and with nature
- Frequent attacks of smiling
- An increased tendency to let things happen rather than to make them happen
- An increase susceptibility to the love extended by others as well as an uncontrollable urge to extend it