*information obtained from ” A More Beautiful Question by Warren Berger”
Here are the steps required to help you ask more powerful Why Questions
- Step back. (changing your perception | looking at things differently or with new eyes
- Notice what others miss. | what problems didn’t the solution solve?
- Challenge assumptions including your own
- Gain a deeper understanding of the situation or problem at hand, through contextual inquiry (Contextual inquiry is a type of ethnographic field study that involves in-depth observation and interviews of a small sample of users to gain a robust understanding of work practices and behaviors)
- Question the questions we’re asking
- Take ownership of a particular question