- Exclusive plant eater, who lives solely on plant products and excludes all animal flesh, including that of poultry and fish, as well as any product made by an animal, such as milk and all other dairy products, eggs, gelatin and honey.
- Typically, vegans don’t wear clothing or other items made with anima products.
- No Fur, No Leather, No Silk, No Feathers, No Pearls
- Avoid anything with animal-based ingredients such as some cosmetics, toiletries or household goods.
- Doesn’t eat animal flesh but they may consume other animal-based foods like eggs and diary.
- Vegetarianism has several subpopulations:
- Lacto-ovo vegetarians eat dairy (lacto) and eggs (ovo)
- Lacto-vegetarians eats dairy but not eggs
- Ovo-vegetarians eats eggs but not dairy
- Flexitarians (flexible & vegetarian) eat mostly plant-based foods but occasionally eat meat, poultry, or fish too
- Semi-vegetarians exclude some meats (usually red meat) but still consume limited amounts of poultry, fish or seafood
- Pescatarians eat fish and shellfish, but no other animal flesh. They may or may noot include dairy and eggs
When you think about it, they’re both plant-based for the most part, they’re just defined on what you exclude.