The key to reaching or maintaining a healthy weight is PORTION CONTROL.
A portion is the amount of food you choose to eat at one time or the amount f food a restaurant gives you. It’s not the same as serving.
A serving is a specific amount for which nutritional information is given on a food’s Nutrition Facts panel. Comparing Nutrition Facts panels helps you select what foods to buy. However, the portions people take for themselves are often larger than one serving.
Large portions are a major contributor to our country’s rise in obesity.
STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT TWO BLOG, I WILL HIGHLIGHT:
- Portion Control when Shopping
- Portion Control when Dining at Home
- Portion Control when Eating Out
- Portion Control when Choosing Fast Food
- Portion control when Snacking
- Guide to estimating reasonable portions