What are Rapid Negatives?
Rapid Negatives is a way of exercising. It is when it takes 1/2 second to lower the weight.
For example, taking 1/2 second to lower the weight in a bicep curl or bench press.
Rapid Negatives Cons
- A greater loss of strength
- more serious muscle soreness, and
- five times the muscle trauma (which means a longer recovery period between two workouts)
Rapid Negatives Pros
- Increases the # of Type 2 fibers
- Decreases the # of Typer 1 fibers
- Increases the size of the muscle fibers
- Increaes strength